Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stuff and things

I'm not sure what to make of when this lady in my office uses me for her personal errands. I know I'm supposed to help on her projects, but not all of this seems like "work for projects" so much as "chores vaguely relating to work I don't want to have to do myself." It's not like I have anything better to do most of the time, but nobody else has me renew their memberships to things or organize their filing cabinet. I don't really mind doing the stuff, but I'm a little put off by the feeling I get that she's taking an advantage that nobody else in the office feels it's appropriate to take.

Today I think I want to hit the costume shop and see if I can find any little bits and pieces to finish off my Redemption saloon girl costume. As I mentioned, right now I'm thinking a short crinoline, fishnet stockings, and maybe a lacy garter. I'd like to find some way to introduce a bit more color into the ensemble but all the most appropriate pieces I have for the look I want are black, and the yellow in the dress is an odd pale color that is tough to match anything to. Maybe the costume shop will give me ideas.

Also trying to do some preliminary rehearsal scheduling for To Think of Nothing. Right now I'm thinking I'd like to have one long full-cast rehearsal and a couple smaller rehearsals a week. The trouble is that the play requires all eight actors onstage at once for the bulk of it, so that means finding a time when everyone is available. I want to see about that early to minimizing scheduling difficulty. Right now I'm thinking four or so hours on Sundays for the long one, either in the afternoon or in the evening depending on what people prefer, and then just call them in smaller groups for shorter periods during the week. I've got my fingers crossed that will work out, because I think if we can swing that we're golden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...