Monday, January 25, 2010

Rehearsal: success!

To my extreme pleasure and relief, rehearsal went very well last night. We blocked almost half the show, and I was incredibly proud of the hard work and enthusiasm of the actors. My favorite part was how we all worked so well together, me, Bernie, and the rest of the cast. It will be good for my development as a director, I think, if I cultivate a more cooperative relationship with my actors than just micromanaging everything they do. Last night we were all contributing to making this show work, and it was an incredible feeling.

Next week I'm hoping to finish blocking the show. We moved at a good enough pace last night that I think we can do that. Then we can spend from then until the show polishing the acting. I shall have to buckle down on the blocking this week in preparation for next Sunday. We about reached the point that I felt firm on, so now I have to finalized where we're going to go from there. But last night has encouraged and energized me. I feel really good about pressing forward with this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...