Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years resolution

I accomplished my unpleasant chores yesterday and I am proud of myself. Nice to have the reminder that I have the power to overcome some of the struggles I've got going on now.

In this vein, I've decided on a New Years resolution. I'm going to try to be more at peace. For reasons I don't feel like discussing my life has become something of a mess these days, and I have been less able to cope with travails than I've ever been in my life. I have been grouchier, moodier, and more inclined to discontent. I really don't like this state of affairs. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of the tough stuff in my life I have the ability to change right now, so the best I can do is try not to let it get me as down as it has. So my resolution is, simply put, try to be less of a grouch.

I shall take strength from the fact that I know my life is a mess these days, but I am handling it fairly well. I hope I can use this to improve my ability to remain even-keeled and not let things so easily upset me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...