Sunday, January 24, 2010

First part of my weekend report

Jared and I went out for our anniversary dinner Friday night. We dressed up handsomely and went to Solea, the fantastic tapas restaurant on Moody Street. It was one of the nicest evenings out I've had in a long time. And I made sure to wear my lovely new earrings. He did not wear his new shirt from Express that was my gift to him, because while it looks quite good on him, the collar is a bit too loose to wear with a tie, so he'd like to try a smaller size. Ah, well, I gave it a shot.

Yesterday we went to a very fun production of A Midsummer Night's Dream in the lovely company of Steph, Caitlin, and Plesser. The show had a strange urban jungle feel, which was interesting if not necessarily what I would pick, and Jared's Stage Combat teacher, actor-professor Robert Walsh, played a hilarious Bottom. We actually first encountered him at another Actor's Shakespeare Project show, when he played the title role in Titus Andronicus. Very talented actor; Jared and I enjoyed him very much. It's always fun to see another production of a show you were in with others who were in it with you. It was a really good time.

In the evening Jared and I then went to the birthday party in_water_writ* threw for 1takejohnny. It was a fun party, full of nice new people, but I'd promised I'd pick Bernie up at the airport that evening. Jared was having a good time, so he elected to stay and took the commuter rail home. I'm sorry I couldn't have stayed, but it was good to have Bernie back.

All in all, Friday and Saturday were excellent days, spent in the company of good friends and my dear love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...