Thursday, January 14, 2010

BPAL Review: Euphrosyne

Picked this one because of the character in my play. In my version, Euphrosyne's the mean one. :-)

Euphrosyne
The Grace of Mirth
Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

In the imp: Very sweet, very floral. Nice, but could use something to balance it.

Wet: I think I'm mostly getting the gardenia and the jasmine. It's a little less sharp on the skin, which I like.

Dry: Still intensely floral, but pleasantly less intensely sweet and more delicate now. I was hoping to detect more of the vanilla, but it's not coming out on me.

The verdict: I like it, but I like it more once the sweetness mellows out. I like delicate floral scents, though they are less exciting than some. I think I would enjoy it more if the vanilla gave a richer tone to the flowers; as I said, it could use something to give it more complexity.

I know it's not usually a good idea to choose scents for other people, but it might be a nice congratulations gift for the Graces in the cast to give each of them a bottle of the scent named after the one they played.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...