Sunday, January 17, 2010

Burn Notice success

Burn Notice went well last night, fitting all my criteria for a good session-- roleplaying, moving plot, all players engaged. We didn't get quite as far as I hoped we would, because we worked on both story threads at the same time, but I successfully ran one fight and think that next session I can also make the other work. Joe did a great job as Riker, capturing the spirit of the character perfectly, and the highlight of the evening was his character and Kindness's character pretending to be a trashy rich engaged couple from Texas bickering hilariously with each other. Kindness's Southern accent alone made the conversation. Not sure when we\ll play next-- we don't have a regular schedule for this --but I feel like we're in a good place to move on from here.

I really need to catch up on the episode guide. I've only gotten the first one written up, and we've had probably around four more discrete storylines that would be the tabletop game equivalent of an episode of a show. Unfortunately they're a lower priority than most of the other creative projects on my plate, so they'e probably going to be put off for a while longer yet.

Among the number of things I need to get done today, I want to go buy a new version of my favorite scented candle. I found this amusingly-named off-brand "Patriot Candle" at Walgreens in a soft cinnamon-vanilla scent, and I absolutely love it. I just went through my second one, so today I want another one. It makes my room so pleasant and I like feeling like I'm living inside a giant mug of chai. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...