Monday, February 1, 2010

Disjointed and strange is better than down

Feeling disjointed and strange today, but better than I was. Sometimes life just doesn't let up on you. Some stuff this weekend came at very poor timing given how much else I have to stress me out right now. Times like this I feel completely ill-equipped to deal with my life. But I'm not quite so down today, so perhaps I'll be able to accomplish things in spite of it.

I am drinking tea to keep myself settled. I think it's helping me stay relaxed. I see I'm almost out of my Teavana chai blend. I like it a lot, but I don't think I'll be replenishing it anytime soon. My budget is very tight right now, so all non-necessary expeditures need to be put on hold for a while. I was just hit with a couple of financial obligations in a row which add up to being a little more than I can comfortably manage. If nothing else, as soon as possible I want to be able to pay back twilighttremolo* for her part when she almost moved in with us way back when; I feel really bad about how long she's been out that money.

Tonight will be a night for getting things done. I have nowhere to be, so I am planning on staying in. I haven't cooked in ages, and I think that might be a nice thing to do tonight. That, I hope, will be good for my health, my stress level, and my pocketbook. Don't know what I'll make yet, but something warm and comforting seems appropriate. Maybe a soup or stew.

I am planning on meeting with Bernie before his campaign tonight, and over dinner we will plan out the rest of the show. Rehearsal went well enough last night, but there was a scene I just didn't know how to block to achieve the effect I desired, and I felt like there was a moment where the things I said were being ignored, which was just a little too much for me given how stressed I've been. But I took a minute, decided we'd put the tough part on hold, and we all moved on to do some very good work. But for Thursday I want to know exactly what we're going to do, so by the end of this week the entire show will be completely blocked.

When it's time for Bernie to go to his game, I will work on the character sheet due for the Labor Wars meeting tomorrow until I finish it. I've made a decent chunk of progress already, but I need to get it done before tomorrow. I meant to finish on Friday night, while many of my typical companions were at lightgamer*'s Four-Color Supers game, but I got sick and went to bed so early that I wasted my free evening. So that has to happen tonight.

So yeah. I feel blah right now, but not so down. That's something. I can use this to move forward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...