Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Work for the next two weeks

Today I think will represent the calm before the storm of the next fourteen days.

After today, I will have exactly one week until my show opens. We are in a very good place with it, but I still have a fair bit to do. Have to get a hold of the desk that is the most important set piece. Still nagging people for bios, which I need to finish putting together the diorama. I want to get a hold of a video camera I can use to film the thing and get a record of it for posterity. Then just making sure the odds and ends of everything get tied up in time. I've been in far worse, far more frantic places a week before shows before, so I'm pretty grateful, but I need to stay on top of everything.

In the midst of all this, however, I need to generate a writing sample for a graduate program I'm applying for with a due date of March 1st, as well as write another character sheet before the Labor Wars meeting the same day. That will be a bit of a pain. I hate to compromise my thus-far perfect sheet-turn-in record, motivated by the New Kid fear of being shunned for my failure, but I may just not be able to get it completely done this time around.

In related news, it appears that we have a date for the inaugural run of The Labor Wars. This new weekend-long will be going up June 16th-18th, generously permitted to occur at BCOS by its lovely residents. This is very exciting. I like having a date to work towards, it helps me finish things, and this one is far enough out in the future that I don't feel pressured at all. It's also going to get plugged at Intercon, which is incredibly cool to me.

So. Lots of work ahead. It kind of just hit me just how much it is for the next two weeks. Guess I'd better get cracking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...