Monday, February 8, 2010

Plans and progress


I have added separate sections on costuming to bl_endeavors, in addition to project progress, cooking, and daily wardrobe. It is slowly becoming ever so slightly more than just "what I wore today" records. :-)

Another full-cast rehearsal tonight. Now that the show has been completely put together, we will just be running through it until it's as polished as possible. Maybe we can even do curtain call tonight. I love doing curtain call; it's always been one of my favorite parts of the process.

Things that need to happen in the very near future include experimenting making chitons for the Graces and getting into Hold Thy Peace storage. It seems as though our best option is to use the same method as Steph did for her Greek goddess Halloween costume, so we need large swaths of white fabric for that. She may have two bedsheets that would work, but we need three, and I'd like them all the same color. I am hoping to get this fabric secured over the next few days. I also took a look at Charlotte's burgundy gown. It's very pretty, if not terribly Elizabethan-looking, but we think if we put a blousey white poet's shirt beneath it it would work just fine. Plesser also needs a poet shirt to go under his doublet. Kindness needs to try on that green dress shirt of Jared's. All the women needs shoes as well. It would be excellent if we could arrange to have all these things at rehearsal tonight, which other than hitting a fabric store by then I think is possible to accomplish.

We also need to figure out what we're doing about getting a desk. I wonder if Spingold storage would have one we could borrow, though I'm not sure how to go about getting an appointment to take a look around. I also saw one at the thrift store when I visited the other day, which likely would not be expensive, but it was a little smaller than I would have wanted. Shall have to consult with Bernie and see what he thinks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...