Friday, February 12, 2010

Shadow Over Babylon costuming

The elegant, delicate, and amazingly low-priced sterling silver Star of David necklace I ordered to wear for The Last Seder came in today. It is very pretty, if a little smaller than I pictured, and it inspires me to get cracking on my remaining Intercon costuming. I'm now working on figuring out my costume for Shadow Over Babylon. It's turning out to be tougher than I thought.

Right now I'm leaning towards cool government agent in the black suit with the crisp white shirt. I don't exactly have a black suit, but I can approximate. Let's start with the same black dress skirt I will be wearing for Last Seder. Off-white button-up blouse? It's not as crisp as I would like. Maybe I could get away with the short-sleeved white mandarin collar button-up if I wear a jacket over it. Trouble is, I don't have a black suit jacket or blazer. Have the red blazer, but it's not as severe as I want. And I'm thinking I want to get that tailored for better fit anyway. Maybe ask Mom to send my charchoal gray one up? Would that be severe enough? Could be. I also have the black velour mandarin collar jacket-- would the different texture go with the black skirt? Again, would it look too soft? Wish I had dark sunglasses; the only prescription ones I've got are brown. They might work in a pinch, though they're not ideal. Wish I had plain black pumps; my only black dress shoes are a little too sexy. Could my tall boots work, or are they too stylish? Could always hit the thrift store, I guess, but I really do not wish to spend any money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...