Friday, February 26, 2010

Grand opening night

Guess what? I wrote a play, and it got put on, and last night, people came to see it.

It was wonderful. It was doubly wonderful because before it started I got nervous. The tech booth wasn't unlocked, the weather was terrible, and a bunch of people who'd told me they were coming canceled on me. My mood and my confidence started dropping; I was afraid things were finally going wrong, here on opening night, and that nobody was going to come, that the bad weather was going to scare them all off. Jared and Bernie, God bless them, weren't afraid, and tried to snap me out of it.

But when the doors opened, and so many wonderful friends poured in, I realized how foolish I was being. I really need to work on keeping my spirits up better, at not getting down so easily. Because the show was fantastic, and the audience was fantastic, and I felt fantastic through it all. I ran the camera to record the show, and I plan on doing it again tonight, so we get the best possible versions on tape.

Talking to people in the audience-- usernamenumber*, natbudin*, bronzite*, his girlfriend EB, phoenix_rinna*, pezzonovante*, juldea*, lightgamer*, twilighttremolo*, ninja_report*, beholdsa*, and wonderful others --made me glow. People enjoy it, people got it, and to hear their kind words meant everything to me. I can't express how grateful I am to everyone who came to see it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As an amusing side note, I got almost as many compliments on my outfit as I did on the play-- red skirt with black and white butterfly designs, white wraparound blouse, silver shoes, silver wrap. I am absurdly pleased.

One more show to go. I hope tonight's audience is as good. Jared's and my parents are coming tonight at least. We'll have to do a good job for them.

And once again, thank you all for sharing this with me. You have no idea how much it means.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...