Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project record-keeping

I have not been cooking enough recently. I was really pleased with how the stew came out the other night, and the whole process was so pleasant and relaxing and satisfying I see it would be quite good for me to do more of that. At rehearsal last night on a whim I invited Frances over for dinner tomorrow evening, so Jared and I will be entertaining her and Brenda before he goes to his supers campaign. I shall have to pick something very special to cook; it's been a long time since I just got to hang out with them socially. I did get no fewer than five lovely cookbooks of various kinds this past Christmas, so selecting something suitable should not be a problem.

I know that I have not been cooking enough recently because cooking has shown up so rarely in my blogging lately, both here and what I'm calling my new record book. I started an auxiliary LJ account (bl_endeavors on the remote chance that anyone cares) as a place to keep records of what I have done working toward my various projects-- improving my cooking abilities, improving my dressing habits, my writing projects, stuff like that. I like keeping records of such things, if to no further end than I like being able to read over and compare them to see what is consistent and what has changed. Thus far it has mostly been my documenting the outfits I've been putting together each day to see what works and what doesn't, and what pieces I wear a lot and feel good about and what should be gotten rid of. I started a new journal to do this in because I very much doubt anyone is interested in such minutiae besides me, and I didn't want it cluttering up my oh-so-much-more-significant entries on life angst, closet wrangling, and larp babble. Most of the entries have been about outfits if only because while the outside force of propriety compels me to dress every day, but laziness and shortness of time often keep me from cooking every day. If I have something interesting other than just recording what the product that day was I will continue to write it here, but the dull flat facts I will confine to the alternate space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...