Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Post-Redemption

This past weekend was Brian and Alison's larp Redemption: High Noon at the Devil's Luck. I enjoyed this game and my character; I've always liked the Western genre and always wanted to see a larp set in the Wild West. I had some problems with it-- I prefer it when the GM is not so invested in a particular outcome. It was extremely thickly plotted, which I approved of, but I think there were internal inconsistencies that needed to be smoothed out, and tonally it was just a bit more over-the-top than I would have wanted. But I very much liked playing. Especially with the great cast it had, it was a good time and I'm glad I got to play. I was particularly pleased to see April Farmer came out. She's a friend we met through Hold Thy Peace and seemed intrigued by Jared and my going on about larps, so I was really happy that she enjoyed it. I hope she comes out to larp with us again, so I plan on keeping her informed about Festival.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...