Friday, February 19, 2010

No more holes, and BSO

So I've thought about it, and I don't think I will be getting any additional ear piercings any time soon. I talked to Jared about it and he wasn't crazy about the idea. He made a good point that I'm endeavoring to cultivate a classic look, and multiple ear holes looks cool but it can easily slip into tacky and juvenile. blendedchaitea* walks that line well and I still think hers are stylish, but I'm not sure sure I would be able to wear them as well. And it probably isn't a good idea to put permanent holes in my body if I'm not even sure I want them. So for now, I'll stick with what I have. I can't really undo them once they're done, but I can always get them later if I'm ever more certain about wanting them.

Going to the Boston Symphony Orchestra tonight. Not sure what to expect. I must confess, music is the one significant gap in my cultural awareness. Other than listening to songs I like on my iPod, I'm not all that interested in it, and I'm certainly not educated about anything classical. But Steph and Walter have been wanting to go, and Bernie asked me to come with him, so I figured I'd give it a try. Honestly I'm a little afraid of falling asleep during the performance and embarrassing my companions with my boorishness. I wonder which is worse-- passing out, or keeping from passing out by spending the entire evening playing on one's iPhone? ;-) I'm a Philistine, I know. Feel free to shun me for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...