Thursday, February 11, 2010

Graces were graceful

Grace rehearsal went very well last night. I was pleased that once I even mentioned that they would need to carry themselves a particular way, they all started doing it on their own, and I didn't have much work to get them to where they needed to be. The synchronicity was a bit tougher, but they got the idea and we'll have several dress rehearsals to practice. Well done, lovely Steph, Caitlin, and Liz.

We also fitted the chitons last night. I was a lot happier with the results than I feared I'd be; they will most likely not look totally absurd. :-) The fabric did have the unfortunate tendency to obscure their shapes, which is not the most flattering of looks, but with some strategically-tied cords and draped colorful shawls, I feel they will appear with at least some measure of the necessary elegance. That means, except for some shoes that still need to be found-- ah, appropriate shoes, the tough little side note that plagues theater and larp costumes alike --To Think of Nothing is totally costumed.

Tonight I can relax a little. I am very much looking forward to going to BSCF tonight and playing Small World with captainecchi*. I love that game, and it'll be lovely to spend some time with her. I am also planning on baking these yummy-looking red velvet moon pie thingies for Jared. They're kind of a Valentine's Day treat, but since he'll be off on a ski vacating on Valentine's Day, I'm making them early. I hope he likes them; God knows I'm optimistic about anything with red velvet in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...