Monday, April 6, 2009

Festival 2009 Report - Intro

My Festival this year has been so enormous and I have so much so say about it that I'm going to do this report in installments. Today I'm taking it easy, just chilling out at home not doing much of anything, except maybe writing a little bit about how things went for me.

First of all, this is the biggest larp event I've ever had. Normally I like to be in no more than three events in one larping weekend; it gives me time to really savor the games I'm in, and leeway to rest at times as well as chat with all the cool people who are there as well. This weekend that rule got chucked out the window. I ran no fewer than three of my own games, two of them newly written. Immediately after, I played in one more. And, because of a GM having to drop out at the last second, I agreed to help run something on Sunday as well. So this is the very first time I've ever had something in every slot. I got only five or six hours of sleep all weekend, but the adrenaline of all the excitement I was carried through.

So many things happened, and there were so many noteworthy things in each game, I want to take my time and address as many of them as possible. So here goes. FestEvil '09-- my biggest larp weekend ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...