Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Since good fortune would have it that bronzite is in my hometown area on business this week, I had a very nice evening last night meeting him for dinner and a movie. Normally when I'm at home lately I'm quite bored when I'm not specifically doing something with my parents (whose desire to have me home is really the only reason I'm willing to come), so this was a lovely stroke of luck and I had a really nice time. Thanks, Bronzite, you made my night.

Today is Easter Sunday, which means Christ is risen, my family goes out to brunch, and I don't have to keep kosher anymore. I think I did a decent job, if I may say so myself. My final verdict on the experience is that it really isn't so bad, and I wouldn't suffer too badly if I had to always do it, but given the choice, I'd rather avoid the pain of having to watch out for things, and I missed the trayf things I couldn't eat. We had a really nice brunch on a sailing-ship-turned-restaurant in Philadelphia, then spent a few hours wandering around the city before going home again. A lovely day all around. I didn't get anything productive done, but I've promised myself to be more focused tomorrow. I hope Easter was just as nice for all of you, and enjoy the rest of Pesach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...