Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy Bee

Ah, goodness, so much to do. Particularly in preparation for this Friday. First there are my two papers, one of which is due that Friday, and the other due the following Tuesday. They're both long final papers, too, ten to twelve pages in length, so I have a lot of writing ahead of me. Also, I have been invited to participate in a three-sessions-over-a-weekend tabletop game run by Zachariah Lieberman, the fun and interesting guy I met at Festival, along with Marissa, Ryan, and Kindness. I think there's one other person as well, but I can't remember who it is. I am excited to be gaming with them; I think we'll make a good group. I have to make a character for this, and I told him I'd call him today to talk out my ideas. I feel quite silly working on a character when I have so much schoolwork to do, but I don't want to trip up the rest of the group by not being prepared early enough. So I will ponder that this morning.


Also, it seems I unthinkingly scheduled a dinner that some people have been after me to have for this Friday as well. I was initially irritated with myself, but on second thought I don't think it will cause a problem. Steph Karol and linearequation are people I've wanted to do a dinner with for a while, so I will have them over early on Friday to shop and cook. I also asked Zachariah how he'd feel about my making dinner for the campaign, and he responded favorably, so we can all eat dinner together, and then begin the game afterward. I think that actually would be quite nice. I'm a little concerned about having non-gamers over for the evening, and then the evening getting eventually taken over by gaming, but I'm hoping I can pay all the necessary social debts so that everyone has a good time and feels comfortable.

I also found out early this morning that I must go to Framingham for an interview today. I must confess, I'm not certain of the nature of the work-- I got the lead off a poster saying nothing more than "summer positions at $18 an hour" --but for that amount of money I think I'm willing to be flexible, and if I don't find any decent permanent position right away, this might be a nice option to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...