Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend report

My goodness, this was quite a busy weekend for me. I spent most of Friday doing chores, cleaning and running errands. In the evening Jared and I attended the birthday party of the lovely rigel, which was one of the most pleasant social gatherings I've been at in quite some time. I had some really nice conversations, particularly those with natbudin and usernamenumber, people whose company I always enjoy but just haven't seemed to have a chance to chat with in a while. Jared and I hada really nice time, thanks to all the good company we hung out with. So, happy birthday to Rigel, and thanks to her for throwing a really great party.

Saturday was spent doing homework, and planning a dinner for the evening. I made chicken marbella, which is an elegant chicken dish that must marinate overnight in the fridge in a mixture of prunes, Spanish olives, garlic, redwine vinegar, olive oil, and capers, then is baked in white wine and brown sugar. I was very pleased with how it came out. I also mde a complicated, kind of sophisticated rice dish of wild rice, mint, orange, scallion, pecan, and sunshine raisins. I don't really eat rice so I've never cooked it before, and I overdid it so that it was mushier than it was supposed to be, but the flavor combination was still nice. At night we went out to Rocky Horror in Cambridge. I gotta say, I was kind of disappointed. It wasn't a fantastic show, even though it had the highest production values of any Rocky I'd ever been to, and the techies were obtrusive and obnoxious. We didn't get back till extremely late, and we ended up getting up extremely late the next today, which I wasn't terribly pleased about.

Today we spent doing homework. I finished the assignment I needed to for tomorrow, and now may relax a little. We're going to go to campus for dinner, and then Jared has some more stuff to try and get through. I believe I will take a shower and make a plan for handling things for the rest of the week. I've got a pretty decent amount of work to get through, and making a schedule helps me a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...