Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mini pie excursion

Today Constantine goes into the shop to get serviced. It's just a routine thing, so he's okay, but he needs his tires rotated, I think. It occurs to me that I actually don't know how long he'll have to stay there, but I hope it's just for a couple of hours and then I can take him home again.

While my car is being worked on, I will be making my monthly Target run. I'm thinking of taking a look around there for any possible vessel options for making my mini-pies. Target has lots of interesting crockery pieces for relatively cheap, but I'm concerned that to get as many as I'd like will come to a little more than I'm interested in paying. So I will probably prefer to go with the disposable aluminum stuff. Still, it will be fun to look. I do love crockery so, even the junky stuff. :-) I looked up a couple of recipes for mini pies, just for the baking time; I plan on using my own recipe for the actual pie, but I didn't know how the size would affect the temperature and time in the oven. It looks like for four-inch tins, bake for twenty minutes at 375 degrees. That is a lot quicker than a full-sized pie. It also suggested serving with a melon baller scoop's worth of ice cream on top; I like the idea of using a melon baller to make tiny garnish for a tiny pie.

I also want to get my suede jacket dry cleaned. It's a really nice jacket, but it's looking pretty grungy right now. Maybe I can get that done as well. I should make a to do list, to keep all my chores and assignments in order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...