Sunday, April 26, 2009

HTP parties

Well, this has been a full weekend of parties so far. Attended the Midsummer cast party on Friday night, and had a much better time than I expected to, and then had to put together the general Hold Thy Peace party that was to be held in honor of the day Shakespeare is believed to have both been born and died on. We held it at Elsinore, appropriately enough, and I was quite pleased to see that it went very well. Unfortunately the Hamlet DVD had some issues-- the audio track was extremely out of sync with the picture --so I was disappointed that it could not be shown, but even so people seemed to have a nice time. So nice a time, in fact, that a number of guests ended up staying way past the time the party was supposed to end. I'm glad they were enjoying themselves enough to want to keep sticking around, but I kind of wanted a little bit of not-the-host-anymore time between the end of the party and eight o'clock, when Jared and I were going to the BORG play.

I liked the BORG play, it was "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, a nice change from the typical children's plays they normally do, so props to Ryan and the rest of the cast. I'm also a big Sherlock Holmes fan, I've read every one of his stories, and the one in particular from which this play was adapted has the distinction of being the only one I managed to solve myself during the course of my reading it. (If it makes any difference, I was less than fifteen when I first got in to them, so perhaps I was no quite as sharp or observant as I might have been if I'd first read them when I was older.)

Today will be for work and low-keyness. Though I wouldn't mind being with people in a casual way today, I don't think I up for any extensive social demands, and I certainly don't want to play hostess again for a little while. Just hanging out a bit would be okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...