Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home at Elsinore again

I am now back at Elsinore, and it's nice to be home. I unpacked my things, threw in a load of laundry, and cleaned the house. It really needed it, and I feel a lot more comfortable with everything neat and clean. Now the whole house smells like lilac; it's very pleasant and relaxing. Also, I finally got my au gratin pan in the mail! When my parents bought me all that All-Clad, they got a certificate you could mail in and get a free au gratin pan, and now it finally arrived! It's very nice, and I look forward to using it. My domesticity instincts are quite well satisfied.

In a couple of hours I will be going to pick up Jared and Elana at the airport. They're both from the Chicago area-- Jared from the city proper and Elana from Skokie --and they happened to book the same flight back, so I will be grabbing them both together and bringing them here. I'm looking forward to seeing my boy and my friend. I ordered Jared's favorite pizza from Upper Crust for him to have to break the Pesach fast; I think he'll enjoy that. Later tongiht I will be going back out to the airport to bring Bernie back; I'm not thrilled to be going out into the city so late and for the second time in a day, but I'll be glad to have him back as well.

So, overall, it's good to be back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...