Monday, December 7, 2009

Sleeping like a baby, literally

Not sleeping that well the last week or so. Well, not exactly. I've been getting enough sleep, I suppose, but my schedule is getting skewed earlier and earlier these days and it's not meshing well with anyone else's in my life. I get up early to get to work during the week, but this weekend I had to get up even earlier to take Jared to the LSAT and to have breakfast with my parents before they left to go back to Allentown. And today I was woken up an hour even before that to move my car and couldn't go back to sleep. It's made it so I've started crashing at ten or even nine o'clock at night, like a little kid while all my night-owl friends are still doing things. Jared in particular doesn't usually get done with everything he has to do in a day until late, so when I fall alseep that early it's a chunk out of the quality time we can spend together. And God knows I hate crashing while there are stills guests in the house; it's embarrassing and turns me into a bad host. Sleeping in isn't an option so much, at least not until next weekend, but maybe I can take a nap during the day and try to push myself to stay up a little later. Don't know if I can manage that today, I don't really have the time for a nap, but I'll try it on Tuesday. I feel bad bitching about my sleep, though, since I'm technically getting enough, just not the right hours. But then I think of Bernie being in a sleep deprivation study right now, being allowed only to get four hours a night, and I feel guilty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...