Friday, December 25, 2009

My merry Christmas

Well, after a rough start to the Christmas holiday-- recieved some bad news of a similar nature to that which I got around New Years time last year, which my family will have to deal with --things actually went pretty well. My mother decided we were going to do a traditional Italian seven-fish Christmas Eve, so we spent most of yesterday cooking. It makes for nice family time, everyone working together in the kitchen. We made fried haddock, fried smelts, crabcakes, shrimp, smoked salmon, my mom's famous lobster bisque, and a fantastic squid ink pasta with calamari, two of those recipes out of the brand new Legal Sea Food cookbook that Jared so thoughtfully bought for me. My Christmas morning was lovely, and it amazed me that my parents managed to find articles of stuff-- something I tend toward loathing these days --that I actually like, want, and will use. Notably, between my various gift-giving loved ones, I now have five fantastic new cookbooks and several other interesting articles of cookware, clothing, and a few other useful sundries. Plus all the requisite holiday cheer and love,

Happy holidays, my lovelies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...