Monday, December 28, 2009

Back from Christmas vacation

And now I have returned from my Christmas vacation at home. Yesterday's trip was the first time I ever made the long drive from Allentown, Pennsylvania back up to Boston; usually my brother handles the driving, but he wasn't coming back yet and so couldn't come with me. I'm kind of proud of myself, given I've never driven anywhere that far and I kind of, you know, despise driving. :-) But Constantine and I have made it safely back. I probably drove a little faster than I should have, but the trip was five and a half hours as it was, to say nothing of what it might have been if I'd gone slower.

The trip was made immensely more pleasant by the Sherlock Holmes audiobook I listened to on the way. All stories I was already very familiar with, but I always enjoy them. My interest has been reawakened by the new movie that has just come out, and tonight I will be seeing the film with bronzite*. It will be lovely to spend time with him again. I am a longtime Sherlock Holmes fan, but I must take care to remind myself that one must not be too married to one's perception of the literature when seeing it transferred to film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...