Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rough day

So Jared's been having some of the lousiest days he's had in a long time over the last couple, and today seemed to bring more of the same. His computer freaking out while he was in the middle of writing his end-of-semester twenty-five pages for his thesis was the straw that broke the camel's back. Now we're trying to get his plan back into some semblance of where it's supposed to be, and we've managed to work most of it out and get him back on track, but emotionally he's pretty wrung out, and I am a bit drained from the effort of helping to fix the problems and settle him down. I am more than glad to be his support system when he needs me, the extended period of trouble has just demanded a lot.

Also somewhat troublesome is that Sara, Jared's ex-girlfriend, is coming to visit Boston this weekend. Though I don't mind her as much as I used to, I'm not thrilled about having her around, especially since I only have a few more days with Jared before he goes home for break. But she says she doesn't need entertaining; she just wants to see the city and have a little vacation. She is going through a tough time right now, and I honestly do sympathize with her. And Jared's so busy he can't really spare the time for excessive socializing right now, so I doubt I'll have to spend too much time in her company. I'm sure she has about equally little desire to hang around me.

Finally in the triumvirate of annoying, right now my roommate has filled my house with people of the young-nerds-who-just-can't-turn-it-off crowd, as Kindness so aptly put it. Their noise and constant LOLspeak just sinks a saw blade into the meat of my brain. Fortunately Jonathan was lovely enough to rescue me by asking me to pose for him in his studio. We're going to do it again sometime later this week. I really enjoy being part of his work; it's so cool to see the finished product. I recently saw a charcoal image he made of one of his new installations; it's a dressmaker's dummy dressed as a ballerina tied up with lines of yarn in front of a piece of patterned cloth, and I think it may be my favorite piece of his yet. So elegant, and slightly creepy. I'm so happy to model for him, it's always so flattering when he asks me.

Focus on the positive. Maybe I should make being grateful for small things like I did earlier today a periodic thing. Might help me not be so easily knocked into grouchiness as I am these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...