Monday, December 21, 2009

Eventful weekend, installment 1: Jenn on Friday

Goodness, but I have been a busy girl these last several days. Since my last post was on Friday, I will pick up from there. Cut into three installments to keep the number of tags for the entry from getting too absurd. I do love my tags, you know.

Friday night was a wonderful evening spent in the company of the lovely in_water_writ*, in which she came over to Elsinore and we cooked a delicious dinner together. I made a pork roast, something I've been wanting to try for ages and finally could without my kosher boys around, and she made these fantastic stuffed mushrooms that I'm going to have to recreate myself sometime. I also made some mini apple pies in the new tiny pie plates my mom sent me, but they came out strangely-- I wasn't sure on the cooking time, and they came out with the apples not soft enough but also kind of dry, so I couldn't tell if they were overcooked or undercooked. Ah, well. I'll have to play around with it until I find a recipe that works. Having the time with Jenn was really wonderful; I loved cooking the meal with her and we talked so long we lost track of time. It's tough for me to open up to most people, but I really do feel comfortable confiding things in her. I'm lucky to have her around, aren't I? :-) We were talking about having a standing dinner date once or twice a month where she and I, or the two of us plus John and Jared, get together at each other's places to cook. Given how much I enjoyed that evening, I think that would be a lovely idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...