Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Experiment fail

Last week or so I decided to experiment with cross-posting my journal entries to Facebook. I liked the idea of bringing in more readers, but I was concerned that some unforeseen consequence would come of an wider audience-- a specifically unwanted reader, or somebody who would react badly to things I've written, for instance.

Well, that happened the other day, apparently. A person I've written about took enormous offense and now I'm kind of in the doghouse about it. This person isn't even Facebook friends with me, they found it by being on the site logged in as a mutual friend of ours, which irritates me. But if I hadn't put it up on Facebook it wouldn't have come up.

The damage is done here, and frankly I'm not terribly troubled about this person being upset at me. But now I'm concerned that if something bad can happen once, it can happen again, and possibly with more significant consequences. So now I'm thinking of stopping the cross-posting. Probably isn't worth the aggravation, huh? What do you guys think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...