Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Offended enough to post about it

This is a little thing, but it bugs me. I'm watching Iron Chef, and I just saw Bobby Flay accidentally scramble eggs in a beautiful piece of enamled cast-iron. What does he do with his mistake? He runs it over to a garbage can, trashes the whole thing, pot and all, and grabs a new one to start over in.

Now, I love Bobby 'cause he's a freaking rock star, but I was pretty outraged. That's probably a two or three hundred dollar Le Creuset Dutch oven! A gorgeous, useful piece of cookware that I'd love to own. If you're going to just throw it away, give it to me, dude. I'll happily cook in it, and when I do I'll tell my dinner guests, "This was used by Bobby Flay on Iron Chef once. I watched him ruin eggs in it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...