Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On to positive things

Now it is time to focus on some good things, so as to not to go back into Victorian suicide mode.

I got my hair cut the other day, FINALLY. It was sorely in need and I was starting to hate it. Heh, today for my Examiner article I wrote about how much it helps your everyday look to keep your haircut maintained. I am a bad, hypocritical style writer. Still, the point stands, and my head is proof-- I look and feel much better when I do. I am keeping the look I got last time, the longer layers with the sideswept bangs. Now that the bangs are shorter again they're back in my eyes all the time, which is a little annoying, but I'm getting used to them again and I really like how they look.

Bernie got me a Teavana Perfect Tea Maker for a belated Christmas gift, and MY GOD, does it make a better cup of tea than my tea ball. It is mug shaped, which allows the leaves to float around and steep properly, and then you put it on top of your mug and the tea strains out through the bottom. Works like a charm, and it comes out delicious. I think I will be keeping it at work to make individual mugs, as I prefer to use my lovely bone china teapot, a thoughtful gift from Jared, when I'm at home.

I got my first casting for Intercon, in this case for Clockwork Cafe. I am asked not to say who I am playing, but from the character outline I think she will be interesting. Even better, I'm pretty certain I already have my costume figured out, with no need for any new purchase. I have decided I will be casting the Intercon run of The Stand this coming Monday the 31st. Annoyingly, I'm still missing three casting questionnaires, all from people I don't know. I have been poking them pretty agressively to get them in before Monday, because I really hate casting people with no knowledge whatsoever. I will then send out character and costume hints, which should allow people sufficient advance notice to prepare.

I am ridiculously pleased with my Sudini Minna leather rain boots this season. I bought them two years ago seeking stylish tall leather boots that could be worn in all weather. These have served that purpose beautifully, looking great and keeping me dry and warm. I've been wearing them almost constantly since the weather got bad. Though they are not cheap, they are incredibly high quality, so I highly recommend them. I think at the end of the season I will take them to a cobbler to have them refurbished, because I think with proper care these could last me for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...