Monday, January 24, 2011

More bad news

Having a hard time shaking the malaise that's been over me for the last week. I was sure I would have perked up by Friday, when I went to a party I had been very much looking forward to, but even then I found myself feeling low and, even worse, shockingly unable to connect to anyone around me. I think I may finally be normalizing, but still, I feel really disconnected from everyone.

That next bit of bad news I was anticipating happened. I am sad to say that Merely Players won't be able to happen this semester. We were unable to get performance space at a workable time, so it looks like the project is going to have to be shelved. I'm pretty down about that, I've been trying to keep my life full and productively lately because it makes me feel better, so that's one less positive thing I will have to do. HTP has been thinking of doing it next semester instead, which I am trying to see it as something for the best. The club's schedule will be much freer then. It's not like I don't have a ton of other stuff to do in the next few months-- writing two larps, preparing for two larp cons, being in a dance production, helping if they need it with Othello, and trying to do normal person things like see friends, eat occasionally, and shower regularly. And next semester there will be a lot of people who are abroad now who will be back then, like Steph, April, and Gigi, who would then have a chance to audition. And I'll have more than enough time to polish up the piece to get it exactly where I want it to be.

I don't know. I am trying to move forward, but it's tough. I have too much to get done to lose time to being a mope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...