Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Finally eating healthy again

 

Since Jared has gotten back, my eating habits have taken an unexpected turn for the better, and accordingly his have too. We've resolved to help each other stick to a sensible budget, and I am proud to say we have cooked dinner and made most lunches almost every day since we've been back in Waltham. We've been very busy, what with all the errands we've needed to run in order to get his new living situation in order, so we have been active and without a lot of extra time to snack between meals. Also because we haven't had a lot of time, we've been eating a lot of salads because they are quick and easy to prepare. My vegetable intake has been way up, and my calorie intake has been way down. Physically I feel better and healthier than I have in a long time. I'm hoping that if we keep it up we will both take off the little bit of extra weight we've put on. Plus, a pleasant side effect of cooking at least once day is that it forces us to keep up with the dishes, because we know we will be needing the kitchen clear again shortly when we prepare the next meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...