Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ragequit


If my life was a video game, I would have ragequit this week. The difficulty curve is too steep for my level. I'm not having fun anymore. Unfortunately for me, it would be in very bad taste to ragequit being a person for the sake of all the people whose unenviable task it is to deal with me, so I am trying to be normal and find some way to deal. In the meantime, forgive me my grumbling and growling.

So, other stuff. Jared got back last night, which was nice. I made veal marsala in honor of it (a favorite of mine, very special for me to actually buy veal) and we spent some time hanging with my roommates and with each other. The rest of the week is filled with nice stuff for us to do together, which I hope will lift my spirits a bit.

I have put myself on a strict diet. Lots of vegetables, lean protein, whole grain only. No fatty stuff, nothing fried, no refined sugar, no potatoes, no pasta, no white flour. I have kept it up for a week now and though I miss tasty bad things, it's not that tough to abstain and physically my body feels better, noticeably more energetic. Bernie recently introduced me to edamame, which I enjoy a lot more than I thought I would, and satisfies my search for a non-animal protein that I actually like eating. Let's see if I can just get some exercise in there besides the occasion bout of shoveling snow.

There has been a lot of bad news bearing down on me recently. Signs are indicating that something else is going to not work out like I planned very shortly. I'm out of cope at the moment, but unfortunately things don't seem to want to go easy on me for it. Let's see how I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...