Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tea and vanity

Noticed last night that my hair is in desperate need of being done. It's long enough that my new sideswept bangs are no lot much different from the rest of my hair, which now falls below my shoulder blades. It doesn't look bad, but it's starting to get heavy and lose its body, as it always does when there's too much of it. I really let these things go for way too long; last styling was in August, for crying out loud. Not the habits of a stylish lady. In the coming week and weekend I should have more free time, so maybe I should schedule an appointment. 

I am getting back into the habit of regular tea drinking. I've mostly been having it at work, for several reasons-- it's helps to keep warm in the chilly office, it curbs some of my urge to snack on junk food, and it keeps me hydrated when my tendancy is to dry myself out. I keep my tea is a metal thermos in my desk with a collapsible spoon, a mug, and a cheesy little teapot-shaped tea ball. Still drinking the same Samurai Chat Mate/White Ayurvedic Chai blend from Teavana, because it is fantastic and I am an addict. The only problem is that it's better the longer it steeps, but it doesn't usually develop really strong flavor until it's steeped so long the water's gone cold. I wonder if there's something wrong with my brewing technique. I am only using a stupid little tea ball, while I know that tea steeps best when allowed space to float around, so maybe that's it. It does tend to come out better in the basket in my teapot.

I have not been utilizing my large scarf collection to best advantage. Last winter I did a fabulous job coordinating the many colors of scarf I own to my cold-weather outfits, and felt really pleased with it. Lately I've been focusing more on having matching scarf and gloves, which is a chic look when you're all bundled up, but once I take my coat off that often leaves me a scarf that doesn't really go with my clothes. I got gorgeous red leather gloves for Christmas, so I've been wearing my red pashmina as a scarf a lot, but it's such a bold bright color it doesn't work with just anything. I could just take it off, but as I said my office is chilly, and I find myself wanting the extra warmth. I should do what I did last year and choose the scarf first, then match the gloves to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...