Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grownup corner 2.0

I have recently upgraded my grownup corner.


The flowers in the blue vase died, as all flowers eventually do, so they had to be removed. There is also now a little blue urn on the corner there, a nice little touch added, I believe, by Charlotte. But you will notice the new copper pot hanging up next to my lucky-find skillet. I bought it off of eBay the other day, and it came in the mail yesterday. I wasted no time in hanging it up beside its fellow.

I find few things so beautiful in the world as copper cookware. It is lovely, it is functional, and it is incredibly cheerful-looking. I can think of no more perfect way to decorate a kitchen than with beautiful specimens of the tools you use in it. I shouldn't be spending money on silly things right now, but this was only twelve dollars, which is a steal for copper. (For reference, even a piece of lower-end new stuff can cost a hundred dollars or more. And let us not speak of the price of the breathtaking Mauviel, the highest quality on the market today.) It makes me a little happier just looking at it, so especially right now when I could do with small joys, perhaps this wasn't so silly a purchase after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...