Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The aftermath of signups...

So I'm sure most of you experienced the madness that was signing up for Festival last night. The site experienced technical difficulties that infuriatingly prevented people from registering for games until they were dealt with. Fortunately natbudin* heroically stepped in and straightened things out, allowing things to proceed at 7:30 instead of 7. I am really sorry for the trouble, and I hope it didn't screw up anyone's plans too badly. I received no fewer than five phonecalls at once at one point, which I apologize I didn't answer, but I was already on the phone with Nat trying to understand what was going on and what I could do to help. And, you know. There were lots of you at once.

I was kind of upset about it happening at the time. I've been working really hard to get things going well for the con, and that felt kind of like a disaster. But you know, if I wanted to be responsible for this thing, that means I need to be ready to deal with the problems that arise as well. And I think things ended up okay, though much more thanks to Nat than to me. I hope nobody was too mad. I am feeling better about it now, but at the time I felt pretty horrible that things screwed up on my watch.

As usual, things filled FAST. Most games already have a complete roster, and in fact there are already some timeslots that are totally full. Still, there are many great games that still need players, so I encourage you to jump into those if you haven't already. I plan on watching how the schedule goes from here on to see if anything needs help, or if any adjustments should be made. For on, I just want to admire the mostly-full con and send out my casting questionnaires. Both Resonance and The Stand are good to go, so I'd better take advantage of all the advance notice we GMs have got.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...