Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Black-Out Challenge, Day 8

Today is the last day of the Summer Black-Out Challenge. Though it was sort of a week, the challenge is technically from June 7th to June 14th, so I'm going in for the eighth day. Today's color is SILVER to round things out, though I had a hell of a time arriving at that conclusion.

You see, I think my mother has finally won.

So when I was in high school, my style of dressing was purposely all over the place; I was really into people not being able to categorize me in those days, and wearing all different kinds of clothes helped confuse them. ;-) One odd phase I went through was I wore a hell of a lot of gray. To this day, one of my favorite colors is charcoal. It drove my mother crazy, and she went through a long period of trying to dissuade me from getting anything else in gray because I always wore it.

So when trying to figure out what to wear for today, the last day of my Summer Black-Out Challenge, I looked over the colors I've already worn and the only ones I really missed were yellow, white, and gray. Now I really like yellow, but while I lucky enough to look good in most bright colors yellow is the one I sadly can't really pull off. And I both love white and look good in it-- in fact another one of my weird high school quirks was all-white ensembles I referred to as my "Tennessee Williams suits" --but I no longer have the white slacks to make it work. So I thought I'd go to my old favorite gray.

But digging through my drawers and closet I discovered I don't really have any gray anymore. Besides sweaters that were too heavy to wear, I found all of one gray top in all my wardrobe. It seems that as time has gone by and pieces have worn out the gray has gradually been weeded out of my wardrobe. I think my mother has finally won! Took her years and years, but she finally eliminated the gray.

So what I ended up doing is collecting a handful of silver things I had and throwing them together. I think this is my least favorite ensemble of the week, but hey, I tried something different.



Silver pashmina
White sleeveless ruched blouse
Silver bird brooch
Anniversary necklace
Gold and silver hoop earrings
Mossimo jeans
Silver pumps

The wrap is fun and interesting and kind of feels good to wear, but it looks a bit poncho-y for my tastes. The bird brooch holds it in place.



Yeah, probably not a style I'll be wearing too much in the future. I prefer the look of a wrap just over my arms. Maybe I'll switch it.



Do we like that better? I think I do. It makes the scarf less of the focal point of the outfit, which diminishes the power of SILVER as today's color, but it I think it looks better that way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...