Monday, June 28, 2010

Sometimes, Hazel speaks for me. ;-)

I love Girls with Slingshots; it's funny, the storylines tend to be pretty good, and the characters grow and change in interesting, believable ways. I recently got Bernie into reading it as well, and I told him I liked it because in a weird way I relate to it. Bernie said to me, "Oh, I know why you relate to it. Hazel is you if you were an alcoholic charicature of yourself." That is so true. Hazel is grouchy, Hazel is judgmental, Hazel doesn't understand why the world can just do things the way she thinks it should. Not to mention a number of other side traits we have in common. ;-) I relate to her because she lets herself be the way I want to when I'm feeling especially like a big bitchy baby and the world has become utterly un-dealable. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...