Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Black-Out Challenge, Day 3

Today I decided to go for something kind of weird. I wanted to wear a brightly colored skirt, but most of my brightly-colored skirts are a wee bit short to wear to work. So I turned to one of my favorite versatile accessories-- scarves. The color of today is RED.



Red pashmina as wraparound skirt
Off-white lace camisole
Fluffy red scarf
Garnet and silver shield earrings
Brown wedge sandals

I just wrapped the pashmina twice around my waist and tied it at one corner so the fringed edge drapes along the front. It's a beautiful vibrant color, though it's so wide it makes for a slightly-beyond-knee-length skirt. I wished it stopped above the knee, but it still looks nice.

The fluffy red scarf I was a little less sure about. I knew I needed something red up on top to sort of tie things together, and the only other red accessory of this kind I have is this one, which I thought would look odd because it's so clearly intended for warmth in winter. But I decided to take a chance, knotted it in an interesting way around my neck, and let one end drape down each side of my shoulder. I actually think I like it.



There. That doesn't look too weird, does it? My hair over it makes it subtler, which helps.

Sometimes I think it would be easier to put together outfits if I were more comfortable throwing different colors together, but I like a little bit of coordination. Even my earrings today have red stones in them Still, one must never become too matchy-matchy or else you start to just look silly. Maybe if I'd been able to use black, or if I had a scarf in a color that complimented red more. But this turned out pretty cute. Tomorrow I will try to mix up the colors a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...