Friday, June 25, 2010

Garment District, and heat exhaustion

Had a fun time combing through the stuff at the Garment District on Wednesday with contradictacat* and ninja_report*. I've had the Groupon from there for several months now, and I noticed it was about to expire next month, so I figured I should get some use out of it. My favorite thing I picked up was an adorable suit skirt with a neat cross-hatching pattern with patches of houndstooth and big black buttons. It's dressy enough to look professional but cute enough for regular wear. I also got a replacement pair of black thigh-highs, and a fun red top with flutter sleeves and a low enough neckline to give even me some cleavage. Heh, that's pretty damn low. The only problem was it so was hot in the store that trying stuff on got to be more and more of a pain. Still, I'm very grateful to contradictacat* for suggesting it, since I had a very fun time and am pleased with the pieces I found. And, because of the Groupon certificate, they were already paid for months ago! Yay!

Yesterday was a rough day physically. Normally I can take the heat pretty well, but yesterday it was just too much for me. I spent most of it headachey, naseous, and drifting in and out of naps that were not at all restful. To top it all off, my left arm started bothering me. I think I just hurt it during my workout, and I'm not sure whether to call the sensation soreness or numbness or what, but it's quite unpleasant, though better today than it was yesterday. I'll have to be careful with it. I think the worst part of it all is that for some reason only God knows, I rarely if ever feel thirsty and so often go ridiculously long before it occurs to me to drink something. I think I dehydrated myself pretty badly yesterday because of this. That's incredibly weird, I know, but that's how I am. I think I need to add making sure I drink a full bottle of water to my daily self-care routine, but history has shown that I'm not going to do it on my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...