Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Post-Summer Black-Out Challenge

So now my silly little self-indulgent fashion experimentation has reached its end. I actually really enjoyed doing it, and I like how it forced me to be more aware of my typical patterns of putting together outfits. It made me be more creative with my colors and try combinations of clothes that I might not have normally. It also brought to my attention how nervous I am to combine different colors, which is something I should experiment with to get better at, and not always rely on neutrals (black, brown, white, khakhi, denim, etc) the way I typically do. I will be glad to not be taking pictures of myself every day, though. My iPhone is not totally up to the task, and it usually takes me eight million shots before I get one I don't hate. (As a side note, I really need to figure out the auto-shoot function on my real camera.)

Funnily enough, what I felt like wearing today doesn't actually contain any black. But I look forward to being able to wear the color of my dark tormented soul again. ;-) I think I've earned the banner:



So continues my personal odyssey on the road to learning how to dress. And just because I'm thinking about it, just to call out someone I think has nailed this sort of thing, I've always thought v_cat* to be a really stylish person. She is someone with a really distinctive personal style that always makes her look good. I don't know if it's something she works at or something that comes naturally, but I would like to reach the point where I'm regularly noticed for nailing my own great look the way I always notice hers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...