Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Black-Out Challenge, Day 5

I've been trying to make these outfits kind of unusual for one reason or another, but today's I decided to keep subtle. I am a big fan of the flattering fitted T-shirt on women with with well-fitting pants, so I just tried to work the sharp simplicity of that look to my advantage. Today's color, I suppose, is a dusty rose PINK.



Dusty-pink fitted T-shirt
Khakhi dress pants
Anniversary necklace
Garnet and silver shield earrings
Silky brown and white scarf as belt
Brown wedge sandals

The only really unusually touch is I used the scarf I wore in my hair yesterday as a belt today. But I think I like it, it adds interest. And I get points for doing something that's not hyper-coordinated, right?



It's so much easier to take a picture I don't hate when my hair is down. I wonder why that is; perhaps I have a displeasingly-shaped head that is concealed by the drape of hair. I could believe that. There's also the problem inherent in how I have always firmly believed myself to be prettier when I don't smile (what a metaphor for my life that is!) and so hate smiling in photos. But the whole fashion-model-beauty-is-pain-you-couldn't-possibly-understand-me look seems like it might be taking myself a wee bit too seriously in shots of my outfit I do in the bathroom at work for my blog to a variably-interested audience. :-) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...