Sunday, June 27, 2010

Brain leaking out ears

God, my brain feels like a motor that's been running too hard and is smoking a little. I just ran the most intense session of Burn Notice due to its complicated, multi-faceted plot and large number of active characters. I was pleased with the scheme I devised ahead of time, but I was thrown many curves due to surprises from the players that I had to wrack my brain to react to on the fly, not to mention keep of track of everything that was going on. I think I did a good job with the stuff I came up with off the top of my head, but gosh, it was work. I had no idea running a campaign could be so much work.

It was a good session, though, and wrapped up a Gwen-centric episode that now gives her character an ongoing plot. I baked a loaf of cornbread that had to be put back in the oven for a few extra minutes due to a squashy center, but it tasted very nice; I served it with a nice pot of my special tea during the game. I think the next storyline will revolve around Riker. Since there are no more dangling plot threads, I'll have to make this one up out of whole cloth. That will take work, and if things go as planned, I'll need to have it ready by next Saturday.

For now, my brain is tired. I kind of wish I didn't have to go to rehearsal tonight due to mental exhaustion, but I have a duty. I am downing the last of my miso soup and trying to regather my faculties before I have to run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...