Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A song based on the show

Perhaps because of the rain finally letting up, or perhaps because I am sipping a lovely cup of my newly restocked pretenious chai blend from Teavana, I am feeling light in spirits today. This has translated to my being quite productive this morning, which pleases me immensely and makes me feel even better.

Yesterday was a nice day despite the rain. I went with Bernie to run some errands for Caesar; among other places we hit the fabric store, which I always enjoy going to because of all the neat little notions. My dad is in town for work, so afterward he, my brother, his girlfriend, and myself all went out to dinner at the Union Street Oyster House. I've always loved that place, the seafood is fantastic. Jared sadly could not join us, but it was a nice time anyway. Afterward I attended the Hold Thy Peace coffeehouse for Julius Caesar, which Jared had organized and was emceeing. It was a lovely time spent with friends and HTPers showcasing their talents. The highlight of the evening for me was the guitar playing of Jonathan Plesser. It turns out he's a talented songwriter, who not only composed a hilarious love song about typically awkward Brandeis social interactions, but also a beautiful song from the point of view of his character Damon in To Think of Nothing. I was incredibly touched that he was inspired by the show; it really meant a lot to mean to hear it. So thank you, Jonathan, for sharing that with me. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...