Monday, March 1, 2010

On to the next assignments!

As I promised myself, now that To Think of Nothing is accomplished, I give myself permission, nay, order myself, to think of other things. Without the play occupying me, my schedule is a lot freer, but I still have several things that now take precedence.

Saturday I finished that grad school application, and I am incredibly relieved about that. Unfortunately, I did not finish my current character sheet assignment for tonight's Labor Wars meeting. I still have time, and I plan to work on it more this afternoon, but the brain was just too burnt to get much done yesterday. With any luck I'll have it ready by tonight, but this may have to be my first missed deadline since starting work on the game.

I also need take care of all my Intercon prep. I've already sent out e-mails to my intrepid group of congoers (as I like to call them) organizing the details of our trip. That still leaves packing a copy of Oz, helping Jared put together GM Space, assembling a costume for Super Villain Academy, and getting everything I need together. Oz shouldn't be too tough, except I think I'll have to buy a lot of new materials. :-P. We have a lot of material left over from the previous GM Space run, but we'll have to check what remains to see where the gaps need to be filled. I'm still a bit stumped on how to put together that last costume, so some serious thinking is in order.

The final thing I really want to make sure I do this time around is to PACK VERY CAREFULLY IN ADVANCE. Last year was my first shot at being our little group's fearless leader, and I got so wrapped up in making sure everyone else was taken care of that I didn't take such great care of myself. I didn't remember to pack my stuff until the very last minute. I managed to get there with all of my costume pieces, thank God, but they were all crammed in my bag, and I only had one set of regular clothes that I had to make last all weekend, not to mention a lack of random sundry other things. :-\ Not doing that again. This time, I'm making a list, checking it twice, and laying away everything I need with plenty of time to spare.

Heh. And I thought my schedule would open up after the show was over. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...