Sunday, March 21, 2010

My plan for Festival

Have a number of things to say about this weekend, but I'll start with my Festival musing.

I have played in or am running... nine out of twenty-two games on the schedule. Okay, that's not as many as I thought, but it still limits my options. Friday night, the slot I care most about having filled, unfortunately has only two games I haven't played, but unfortunately neither of them really appeal to me. I can't tell if Three Nations is supposed to be silly politics-themed or more straight-up politics, a genre of larp I'm not very good at. The other is Kind Friends Together, which despite the good reviews, is not my kind of game. I may go for Three Nations just to have something to play that night, but I haven't decided yet.

Saturday morning I'm running Oz. Sign up if you haven't played! It's a good game, and I'm probably not going to run it again for a while. Not retiring it forever, of course, but I think after this run, market saturation will have hit until I let some time pass.

Saturday afternoon I think I'm going to have to leave free. I have resolved to not pack my schedule as tightly as I did last year, or this past Intercon. The downtime will do me good, I think.

Saturday evening I'm running Alice. Again, sign up if you haven't played! Also like Oz, it is a great game that needs a little cooldown period before it comes out again, so this may be your last chance for a while. Certainly not forever, but like Oz it needs a bit of a rest.

Sunday morning I may actually break my rule and play a game. Partially because they don't start very early in the morning, and partially because I really want to play DIamond Geezers. It's a Brit game, which tend to be uniformly good, and I've heard some excellent reviews.

So... that is roughly my plan. Here's hoping things work out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...