Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Post-bac show practice

The other interesting, theatrical, artistic thing I did yesterday (because I am such a busy, productive girl) is that Kindness and I ran the opening part of the performance piece we're going to do at his post-bac show. We marched into the Shapiro Atrium with nothing remarkable about us except for huge makeup handprints-- mine on my cheek, his around his neck. We then undressed, and redressed each other in dress-up clothes, mine vaguely like a little girl. Then we used makeup to paint colorful patterns over our bruises. When we were finished, we gathered up our things, packed them into a box with a unicorn on it, and marched outside.

I'm not sure if we got much in the way of audience reaction. For all our strange public doings, I think most people just looked at us, thought "Huh, weird," and continued about their business. But I am confident that in a context where it is a clear that it is an artistic performance, as it will be during the real show, people will attend. And Jonathan was pleased, which is all that matters to me. I like performing, so I am excited for this piece to go up in its proper place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...