Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Larp queries

Probably because I feel vital and productive right now, I find myself wanting to work on new larps. I think I'll do some work on the two character sheets that are due for the next Labor Wars meeting today and over the course of this week. Also, it leads me to think of some questions that I think I will throw out there in the interest of soliciting opinions.

1. Is there any value in including costuming hints in character sheets? Particularly as a redundant measure with the casting e-mails sent out to players?

2. What is the best way to alert players to the fact that there is some value to be gotten from interacting with the game's environment when the game is on the whole more about social interactions? This is an issue I've had several times.

3. Is it appropriate to remind players to look at name badges if there is significant information on them other than just names, or should they be expected to take note of what's there? For example, I use character numbers to represent appearence recognition (as in, if you know their number, you recognize their face) and this can be important if a character is using a different name than the one you may know them by. I always list character numbers with names on sheets if that character is expected to recognize them. If they don't grasp that, is it my fault if I don't explain, or is it their fault for not noticing?

I may have more, but those are the ones I'm currently pondering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...