Sunday, January 22, 2012

Travel, Tailor, and tired, so very very tired

Gah, what an intense week. Started my school assignments, had a ton of stuff to do at work, and launched my audio drama project. I have been writing or otherwise working almost constantly since Monday, and the last few days have been especially busy. My brain feels like it's overloaded the circuit and blown a fuse. But it's not done yet. Today I have to drive to the Berkshires for a two-day company retreat for work. I'm not a huge fan of driving and I don't ski, so I'm not terribly excited, but it won't be so bad. I'm packing up now, and am just thankful that the snow quit before today.

Friday we had the read through of the first two episodes of The Tailor of Riddling Way. Most of the cast was able to attend, and we had a nice dinner together before going through the script. I am actually pretty pleased with what I put together. Hearing the whole thing read showed me the weak spots, too, the places that require tweaking and change.

Bernie and I also made our first shot at recording on Saturday. I hadn't originally planned on jumping in immediately, without time to do any planning, but Caitlin is going away to her acting program in Connecticut for the semester. I really, really wanted to use her because she's so talented, so we had to fit her in before she left. She was incredibly patient with our experimenting; our whole team was, in fact. Niel Marsh, the gentleman who plays Porek in Second Shift and the man in charge of audio for Mask of Inanna, kindly dropped by to give us some advice on how to proceed. I was especially glad to have Bernie helping. His technical background allowed him to understand what Niel was talking about, which was incredibly helpful. I don't know how I'd be managing this without him. Niel also brought with him, so she could act off of Caitlin in a scene they had together. I've never gotten the chance to work with Rigel before, and I was very pleased. I think she suits the character very well, and understands the personality really well. rounded out our little team, filling in for the one actor we didn't have present. Everyone was so great, and not only did we learn a lot from the session, I think we got some good material recorded as well. I'm happy to say I think our little experiment is off to a good start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...