Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second cheddar update

I finally remembered to ask my dad to take a picture of the cheddar we made now that it's been waxed. It had to dry for several days before the waxing could happen, and by that time I'd already returned to Waltham, so Dad had to do it on his own. He mentioned to me that the cheese seemed to be coming along, requiring just a little bathing in vinegar in order to prevent the growth of mold. So I asked him to take a snapshot of the wheels so I could see what they looked like. He said the wax was called yellow on the package but it came out white, in strong contrast to how yellow the cheese itself looked after it dried. He laid it out very prettily, on the island in their kitchen on top of the cheese board Mom got him for Christmas and the end-grain cutting board I gave Mom for her birthday. Very lovely, no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...